Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Wellbeing Reflections



I found it a little difficult to rate myself on optimal wellbeing. The reason that I believe that I did was because I do not believe in having a scale for optimal wellbeing. We are always growing, changing and learning; this is the same for our optimal welling. It is a journey that we should always be working on allowing our mind, body and spirit to be the best version of themselves and therefore should not be rated. Without rating my wellbeing on a scale, I can say that spiritually I am extremely content, physically I feel good, and psychologically I feel clear.  However, since we are always changing and growing, having goals is a healthy way to strive for more. Currently I am working on training for a half marathon so that would be my physical goal, spiritually I would love to take time to meditate at least 5 minutes a day and psychologically I would like to really take the time to listen, really listen. In order to accomplish my physical goal, I need to run. It is a slower process than you realize to train the body and the mind; allowing myself to be ok with this will help. Having such an amazingly busy life, it is hard to fit 5 minutes of anything in, let alone meditation. So for this I am going to just have to make the time, preferably in the morning. As for my psychological goal, that I believe is practice. I just need to remind myself to listen.

As for the exercise, I fell asleep, twice. :( I am going to try again in the morning! Will post afterwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment