Happy
New Year everyone!
I
had the chance to do the Meeting Asclepius practice a few times this week. The
first time that I did it I felt a sense of sadness because I was picturing the
wise one as my great-grandmother, who I miss terribly. As I continued the
practice this, I was able to get the most out of the exercise as I could. At
the end I felt closer and more connected to my grandmother, her spirit, her
love and her wisdom. Did anyone else have an experience like this? As I
continue to practice mindfulness and meditation I hope to continue to grow more
in my psychological and spiritual wellness. Applying these practices will
allow me to grow and continue my journey toward optimal integral health.
Allowing my heart to open and become more accepting and understanding, of those
around me as well as situations that I may find myself in. Hopefully I will
eventually be able to teach those around me how to achieve this as well.
The saying “one cannot lead
another where one has not gone himself” means that one must practice their own
spiritual wellness in order to teach another. It is similar to saying practice what
you preach. How can someone accept the advice or lessons that you are teaching
them about spiritual wellness when you do not practice these principles
yourself? This is how it applies to any health and wellness professional. Take
a personal trainer for example. Let’s say that the trainer asks you to run a
mile. But you realize that a few hundred yards into the run your trainer is out
of breath and can barely keep up. Is this someone that you would want to
continue to get physical fitness advice from? I would say not. This is why as a
health and wellness professional it is so important to develop your health in all aspects;
psychologically, physically, and spiritually.
Hope
everyone has a great start to 2014!
Mallory
No comments:
Post a Comment