Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Integral Assessment



Hey Everyone! Hope all is well. This week when I went to the loving kindness exercise, I found it so much easier! I was even surprised that I found such a calming place that the exercise was over; where previously I would find myself taking a peak the time or having to force myself to complete even the 15 minutes. When I was done, I found myself relaxed and re focused! I can honestly say it was enjoyable! How was it for all of you?
            However, I did have trouble with completing the integral assessment. At my current place in life I am struggling. I have been working very long hours day after day. Therefore other aspects of my life have been struggling. I barely have enough time in the day to sleep. I found myself feeling that all the areas are under distress. I also found my mind drifting to a recent time where I was more focused on some of these and then getting sad that I do not have the time to allow my integral wellness to flourish. I realized that although I am not happy with my assessment I need to focus on my psychospiritual  Discovering that I was saddened by this made me realize that I am grateful. I am grateful to be working, I also choose to work. But I should begin to focus even for a few moments a day on being still and reflecting.Allowing my heart and mind to open.

Have a great week everyone!

Mallory

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mallory - It is so easy to get caught up working so much that we lose our life's balance. I have been in the same place recently. A friend of mine asked me to wake up each morning and think of ONE nice thing I could do for myself each day. It didn't have to be big. I found in making time for that ONE nice thing (sit and enjoy a cup of tea, listen to PINK on the way to work, buy myself flowers, color with crayons for 15 minutes) I wanted to do more. The balance is slowly returning. Shall I offer you the same challenge :-) ? Can you wake up each day and think of ONE nice thing you can do for yourself each day - remember, it can be something small like rubbing your feet with lotion. Can't wait to hear what you did!! - - Patty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mallory,

    I tend to have to agree with you on working and not having any time. I currently picked up a promotion at work and took on a bit more than I can handle. I enjoy the work I do and understand what I do serves a big time purpose, but I feel up to ear in stuff. I have school on top of it and am struggling to find the time to also sleep and exercise like I like to. If it is one thing, then another. I keep telling myself that all this hard work will pay off and keep trucking along. I am up late once again; just finished work notes and finishing up this week's unit. It feels like an never ending cycle. Ha, take care.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete